Please present your library card when you are ready to check out. You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card, including fines and fees for overdue, lost or damaged items.
Please note the due dates of all the materials you check out.
Material Types and Due Dates
- Books more than 3 months old, music CDs, audiobooks, magazines, and books with over 400 pages.- 3 Weeks
- Books less than 3 months old and under 400 pages -2 Weeks
- Videos and video games (Limited to 5 items per household) – 1 Week
- Museum passes (Limited to 2 per household) – 1 day
- eBooks and E-Audiobooks through C/W MARS Digital Catalog – 14 days
- Reference materials, newspapers, current magazine issues, and items from the West Boylston Room. – Library use only
Most items are able to be renewed one time. Beginning July 1, CW MARS began an automatic renewal process on traditional items. You will receive an email the morning the items are due with the subject heading: “Items may have been renewed. Check the status.” In the body of the email, it will show the status of the renewal, the title, the author and the new due date. All CW MARS libraries are participating, so no matter which CW MARS library your book came from, this applies.
If the item was not able to be renewed, the email will list the status, reason why not renewed, the title, author and due date. Reasons for unsuccessful renewal may include:
- You have already used all of the possible renewals. Beaman Library allows 1 renewal. Some other libraries may allow more than 1.
- Your card expired during the check out period.
- You have a bill on your account that causes your card to be blocked.
It’s easy to renew your items, place holds, and see what you have out online from home. To learn how, please check out the Your Online Account page.
Returning & Book Boxes
You may return our items to any CW MARS library. You may also return items from other CW MARS libraries to us. If placing items in the outdoor box, they may not be checked in until the next business day.
Two outdoor book boxes are located at the Newton Street entrance at the rear of the building. Books and magazines, CDs, cassettes, videos, and DVDs can be returned in the book drop. Please do not leave DVDs or CDs in the book drop overnight as they may be easily damaged by temperature extremes.
Reminders & Overdue Notices
Due date reminders are sent via email 2 days before your item is due. Overdue Notices are sent when an item on your record is 14 days overdue. If you have questions about the accuracy of an overdue notice, please call during business hours.
The fine for late return of a museum pass is $5.00. Overdue Bills are sent when an item is 28 days overdue. At that time, your borrowing privileges will be suspended and you will not be able to circulate items. If an item has been lost or damaged, please notify us as soon as possible so that we may help you rectify the situation. Fines for items obtained from other libraries will accrue according to the originating library’s fine policy.