The Beaman Memorial Public Library is conducting strategic planning activities over the next year. We are reaching out to patrons and community members to learn more about how you use the Library and identifying community needs. The survey should take about 10 minutes and can be found at the following link:
We hope to reach many diverse members of the community so please share this link with your friends and neighbors!
The survey will be open until November 15, 2020.
If you have any questions about the survey please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library at 508-835-3711.
Thank you for your participation, we can’t wait to hear from you!
We now have expanded contactless pickup hours, no appointment needed!
Please use the online catalog to login to your account and place holds. Until automatic notices are turned on, we will call you to let you know when your items are available for pickup. Once you have received a phone call, you will have 7 days to pick up your items. Items not picked up after 7 days will be returned to circulation.The Newton Street vestibule lobby will be open for pickup and returns during these times:
Tuesdays: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fridays: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m.
Please follow these instructions for everyone’s safety:
1. Park on the Newton Street side of the Library.
2. Prior to arrival, check items that you are returning for personal items and to ensure that all parts are included.
3. Put on your mask.
4. Use the ramp to enter the Library vestibule.
5. If there is someone else in the space, please wait until they exit before you enter.
6. Return items to the box marked “returns” and pick up the paper bag with your name on it. Out of an abundance of caution we recommend that you wait 48 hours prior to opening the bag.
7. Exit through the opposite door, using the stairs, if you are able.
8. Any items not picked up within 7 days will be returned to circulation.
9. If you have any questions, or need us to bring items out to your trunk please call us at 508-835-3711
Please return items to the box labeled "returns" in the Newton Street vestibule. If the vestibule is closed, you may leave items in the book drop. Any items returned will be quarantined prior to check-in so they may appear "checked out" on your record for up to two weeks while we process them. There will be no fines charged for the quarantine period, and once items are processed the actual return date will be reflected.
Please note we are unable to accept book donations at this time.
Please continue to check the website for the latest information. If you would like more regular communications about the Library's reopening, sign up for the Library Services Update email list here. As always, please contact us at 508-835-3711 if you have questions or need help!
Thank you for your patience and cooperation to ensure safety for all.
Anna Shaw, Library Director
Although the Library is not open for browsing, you can still see what new titles are available for borrowing from the Library! To see titles recently added to the Library's collection you can:
* visit our What's New page. From this page you can browse newly added titles by audience, including titles for adults, young adults and children, and place holds on titles you would like to borrow. You can also take a look at what Beaman Staff members are reading!
* visit the CW MARS catalog and click on See New Titles in your library in the upper left corner. Select West Boylston Beaman Public Library from the list of libraries. Now you are able to view all of the titles added to our collection during the past 14 days and place holds on titles you would like to borrow!
Have you had an opportunity to read our latest eNewsletter? Access the October eNewsletter, October Happenings, right now! It is full of great information including upcoming virtual programming for adults, teens, and children. If you would like to receive the eNewsletter directly in your inbox, email email@example.com to subscribe.
The October issue of BookPage is available! Access your favorite book review publication online. Or, next time you stop by the Library to pick up your items via our contactless pickup service, take a copy of the recent issue home! If something catches your eye, visit the catalog to place a hold on items that you would like to borrow!