I am so happy to announce that Interlibrary loan delivery service has resumed! Most other libraries in the network have resumed delivery so we are now able to fill your requests for items from other libraries.
Our curbside pickup is in full swing so please use the online catalog to login to your account and place holds. We will contact you within a few business days to arrange an appointment to pick up your items.
Currently we are offering appointments for contactless pickup during these times:
Tuesdays: 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
At the time of your appointment, please follow these instructions for everyone’s safety:
1. Arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
2. Park on the Newton Street side of the Library.
3. Prior to arrival, check items that you are returning for personal items and to ensure that all parts are included.
4. Put on your mask.
5. Use the handicapped ramp to enter the Library vestibule.
6. If there is someone else in the space, please wait your turn.
7. Return items to the box marked “returns”, and pick up the paper bag with your name on it. We recommend that you wait 48 hours prior to opening the bag.
8. Exit through the opposite side, using the stairs, if you are able.
9. If you have any questions, need us to bring items out to your trunk, or need to change your appointment time please call us at 508-835-3711. Any items not picked up will be made available to other patrons.
Please note we are unable to accept donations of any kind at this time.
If you would like more regular communications about the Library’s reopening, please sign up for the Library Services Update email list here. As always, please contact us at 508-835-3711 if you have questions or need help!
Thank you for your patience and cooperation to ensure safety for all.
Have you had an opportunity to read our latest eNewsletter? If not, no problem! You can access the August eNewsletter, Lazy Days of Summer, right now! It is full of great information including upcoming virtual programming for adults, teens, and children. If you would like to receive the eNewsletter directly in your inbox, email email@example.com to subscribe.
Now that venues are beginning to open, don’t forget to check out a museum pass from the library! To learn more about the passes available for borrowing and borrowing guidelines, please visit our Museum Passes page.
Please note, many of the hours of operations and procedures for admittance have changed for each of the venues as a result of COVID-19. Please check the website of the venue you would like to visit for more information regarding scheduling a visit prior to borrowing a library pass.
The Museum Pass Program is funded by The Friends of the Beaman Library.
Are you having difficulty using Library databases, websites or apps? Would you like a tutorial on how to use Zoom so you are able to participate in one of our book groups? We are here to help! Email us or call 508-835-3711 to set up an appointment!
The August issue of BookPage is available! Access your favorite book review publication online by clicking on the cover image. Or, next time you stop by the library to pick up your items via our contactless pickup service, take a copy of the recent issue home too! If something catches your eye, visit the catalog to place a hold on items that you would like to borrow!