With financial support from the Friends of the Beaman Memorial Public Library, the library offers a number of museum passes providing no cost or reduced cost admittance to a variety of museums and attractions across New England. Please refer to the Museum Pass Flyer for a current list of available passes.
West Boylston residents holding a valid library card and non-residents who maintain a current membership with the Friends as well may reserve a specific pass for a specific date in advance of the day of use by calling the Library. These reservations may be made up to three months in advance. Any patron with a valid card within the C/W MARS network may use any pass that is available on the day of the proposed visit. Passes must be picked up and returned to the Beaman Memorial Public Library.
To assure the most effective and equitable use of the passes, the following guidelines apply:
1. Passes may be borrowed for a single day's use and must be returned to the Library at the end of that use. Envelopes will be provided allowing patrons to return a pass in the Book Return Box.
2. A second pass may be available on the day of use at the discretion of the library staff depending on scheduled special events or potential heavy use.
3. Weekday passes are normally picked up the day they are to be used, but arrangements may be made to pick up the pass close to closing on the previous day, based on availability.
4. Weekend-specific passes may be picked up during the prior week but must be returned at the end of that use.
5. Each museum or agency sets specific limits on passes, which must be followed. Information on these limits can be obtained from a library staff member or by referring to the Museum Pass Flyer.
6. No more than two different venue passes may be reserved or used by any one family at one time. Library Staff may place further restrictions because of limited supply and/or heavy demand.
7. The Library is not responsible for honoring reservations when passes have not been returned by the previous borrower. Every attempt will be made, however, to retrieve late passes. To avoid disappointment, please call the Library to confirm the availability of the pass.
8. The charge for the replacement of a lost pass is determined by the museum. A fine of $5.00 will be added to a patron's record if a pass is returned late.
February 2, 2014