Using the CWMARS Digital Catalog
Your library card and software provided by Overdrive give you access to free digital content! Libraries throughout Central and Western Massachusetts have contributed eBook and Audiobook content to the CWMARS Digital Catalog. You can browse, download and read eBooks and audiobooks to your heart's content on your prefered device. The Overdrive App is available for download to your tablet, phone or e-reader.
Getting Started with OverDrive
The process of downloading eBooks and audiobooks varies by device. Learn how to download to your particular device by following these steps:
1. View the Get Started video.
2. Download the OverDrive App for your device.
3. With your library card in hand, search the CWMARS Digital Catalog for an item you would like to download and follow the procedure for your device.
4. Need help? Visit OverDrive's eBook Help Help or Audiobook Help pages for more details.
Meet Libby, the new, one-tap reading app!
The Libby app is the new app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks.It is available for Android, iOS, and Windows 10.
To get started:
1. Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
2. Open the app and find your library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code.
3. Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in. You’ll need a valid library card to complete this step.
4. Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you’re offline.
From your Shelf, you can:
• Tap Start Reading or Start Listening to open a title.
• Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
Using the Commonwealth eBook Collection
The Commonwealth eBook Collection gives library users the ability to search, browse, and discover eBooks and/or digital eAudiobooks. Designed to provide a mobile experience for users of the Axis 360 digital media library, the Axis 360 app lets you check out materials in a user interface optimized for your device. The free app allows you to browse, check out, and read ebooks or listen to eAudiobooks in a single app.
• All iOS devices running iOS 7 or later (click here to download the app)
• All Android devices running Android 4.0 or later (click here to download the app)
• To view which Kindle Fire devices are supported, click here. (click here to download the app)
• For Windows PCs, you can use our new Axis 360 Desktop Reader. Visit the App Zone to download
• For Mac computers, youDownload the Axis 360 App
Visit the App Zone to download the correct app for your device.
To search for a book, log in to Beaman Library's Axis 360 homepage.
• The tabs at the top of the page will take you to: Just Added, New Releases, Most Popular, Hidden Gems or Recently Added.
• You can limit or “filter” your search to "Available Only", "Axis 360 eBook" or "Axis 360 Audio" using these buttons.
• Using the left menu, you can search for books by age group.
• When you find a book you want, mouse over the title, select the format and click checkout.
• You may check out a maximum of 3 books. The default loan period is 2 weeks. You may have up to 5 books on hold at one time.
Boston Public Library's eCard
Massachusetts residents can sign up for a Boston Public Library eCard via the web! BPL eCards are virtual library cards that allow users immediate access to Boston Public Library's extensive electronic resources - from archaeology and genealogy to history and science, homework help, historical newspapers, downloadable audio, video, music and more.
For more information about eCards, please visit BPL's eCard FAQ